Re: DID PR review deadline: October 24

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 at 08:20 Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 10/18/2017 01:50 PM, Kim Hamilton Duffy wrote:
> > Manu -- what are your thoughts?
>
> Steven, at this point the only feedback we're looking for is only
> technical in nature and even then, based on whether the text reflects
> consensus at Rebooting the Web of Trust 5, which you weren't at.

Is this a RWOT spec?

If so, it should be marked as such.   This CG can then make one inspired by
it, if/as required.

Therein, the spec should be moved to the RWOT repo?

> In other words, the spec isn't ready for your kind of valuable feedback
> yet... it would largely be a waste of your time to correct the large
> swaths of the spec text that may be confusing for non-implementers that
> are buried in the details right now.
>
> I expect that we may need your review help in a few months time from
> now. As always, thanks for offering and we will certainly take you up on
> it once it becomes a good use of your time.

I'll review and have a look; and am not sure of the specifics, whilst
noting important principles herein.

IMHO: it's important to be inclusive and the W3 IPR framework is not
unintentionally misaligned in some way that is against the spirit of this
structure.

I  guess.  try not to oversimplify imho.  might end-up with unintended
consequences. (technically speaking).

> -- manu
>
> best wishes,

tim.