Re: "Identity" - is a modal notion and the matrix

On Fri., 2 Jun. 2017, 7:12 pm Anders Rundgren, <
anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2017-06-02 10:10, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> > Who were the identified contributors to the work that went to WG?
> >
> > Did it reflect the contributors involved over the entire lifecycle or
> more simply, the most recent version...?
> >
> > I think an open letter on digital identity for citizens to use to send
> to their elected Parliamentarians is a better pathway.
>
> Since governments have equally different ideas* concerning identity as
> people subscribed to this list seem to have, that would be a mighty huge
> letter :-)

1 letter. 3 paragraphs.  Whilst systems of government vary in different
regions, in our region; we can write letter to our members of parliament to
consider issues that affect us as citizens, including the means to
highlight that the problem is not exclusive to our region.

Members of parliament have the means to vote on issues that impact citizens
to create laws, that can mandate widespread changes to solve this problem
relatively quickly.  I doubt this will be a US led initiative, although
happy to be proven wrong.

> I believe creating a WG without having a fairly well-defined platform for
> an extremely fuzzy topic like "identity" is complete nonsense.

> FWIW, I recently got (off-list) a VC platform paper from one the list
> subscribers which actually appeared quite workable.

Anders