DID Spec updates

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 14:45:46 -0500
To: W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
Hi all,

I'm in the process of finishing off the post-RWoT DID spec. PRs exist
for moving the key registry out of the spec:

https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/pull/34

Moving the DID Method Registry out of the spec:

https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/pull/33

... and moving us in the direction of talking about "identifiers"
instead of "identity":

https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/pull/36

I still need to move the object capabilities stuff out (and have a plan
on how to do so), describe authorization (generically), and update the
language throughout the rest of the spec to match the latest
discussions. Those changes will most likely be made next week.

Dave Lehn has also been doing a lot of spec cleanup here as well:

https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/commits?author=davidlehn

So, just a note to say that things are moving again and we could
probably start folding the DID Hardening stuff in starting next Tuesday.

blog: The State of W3C Web Payments in 2017
http://manu.sporny.org/2017/w3c-web-payments/