Re: Credential Handler API

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 08:57:11 -0400
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 08/17/2017 01:18 AM, Adam Sobieski wrote:
> So a profile can contain multiple instances of a claim from
> different source credentials, e.g. a user’s real name from a driver’s
> license and a user’s real name from a passport, the two corroborating
> one another.

Yes.

The data model supports it:

https://w3c.github.io/vc-data-model/#profiles

... and the Browser API supports it.

Note that this has been in the design for many years now, and was
implemented over two and a half years ago.

Dave is currently (and valiantly) refactoring the implementation to
align it w/ the official W3C Web Payments and W3C Web Appsec API
designs. We hope to release a refactored, functional API by the end of
August.

blog: Rebalancing How the Web is Built
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/rebalancing/