Re: Credential Handler API

Dave,

Thank you. So a profile can contain multiple instances of a claim from different source credentials, e.g. a user’s real name from a driver’s license and a user’s real name from a passport, the two corroborating one another.

Adam

From: dlongley@digitalbazaar.com<mailto:dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>
Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎August‎ ‎17‎, ‎2017 ‎12‎:‎32‎ ‎AM
To: Adam Sobieski<mailto:adamsobieski@hotmail.com>, public-credentials@w3.org<mailto:public-credentials@w3.org>

On 08/16/2017 03:18 PM, Adam Sobieski wrote:
> David Longley,
>
> I wanted to ask about the Credential Handler API. I opine that a
> Credential Handler API should support sending multiple, parallel signed
> claims from multiple credentials to verifiers.
>
> In a scenario where a user agrees to provide a website with their real
> name and/or date of birth, there could be a multi-select GUI, with a
> select all option, to send verified claims from multiple pertinent
> credentials. Multiple credentials could evidence a user’s real name or
> date of birth. What do you think about the API supporting /corroborating
> credentials/ and /corroborating claims/, sending multiple claims from
> multiple credentials to verifiers?

Yes, this is a goal of the API and the current design supports this via
"Verifiable Profiles" [1].

Essentially, a verifier website asks for a set of attributes from the
user and the user may -- via their credential repository or "digital
wallet" -- assemble a "profile" that contains these attributes, backed
by some appropriate set of credentials. This profile is then transmitted
to the verifier website to fulfill its request.

1. https://w3c.github.io/vc-data-model

--
Dave Longley
CTO