Re: Comments on draft charter [Was: Agenda: Verifiable Claims Teleconference - Tuesday, March 8th 2016]

Here are my suggestions:

In Goals 2.0

>    - Reducing online fraud, such as identity theft, by establishing a
>    standard way to cryptographically verify 3rd party claims.
>

>    - Reduced operating costs for verifiable claim issuers and inspectors
>    as a result of a common set of technology for expressing and verifying
>    claims.
>
> I suggest that using "reducing" doesn't always imply the
right connotation.  Perhaps we can turn these goals around to say something
like:

"Improve detection of fraud,..."
"Improve operational efficiency..."

Generally, I think we need to state that our goal is to provide an implied
benefit to all stakeholders: issuers, holders and consumers.  I think the
tone we have is bit 1-sided - benefits to consumer only.  For example:
Issuers want to protect their reputation, holders want to ensure their
credentials are protected, and the consumers what to be confident in their
decisions.

Lastly, in a previous comment, I suggested that we call out the need for
internationalization.  I believe there was support for the idea.  Can we
add words that address "decentralized and extensible vocabularies with
built-in internationalization"?

Eric

<https://mail.google.com/>