Re: decentralised

A good solution should support identifiers that are stored in a
decentralized registry (blockchain or WebDHT etc) and those that are held
in namespaced registries (DNS/domain based etc).

Different users will have the need to use one, the other or both at
different times.

The same user should be able to point both the of the following identifiers
at the same identity:
user@host and uuid:gdgyt767fd

The challenge is that every decentralized identity registry is effectively
another silo from the perspective of a protocol that needs to do discovery
as it's first step.