Re: New revision of Verifiable Claims Architecture summary

On 6/13/16 1:25 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There has been a flurry of activity in the last two days related to the
> architecture summary:
>
> http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/architecture/
>
> Those discussions led to a fairly large change in how we present the
> information (note, the architecture didn't change, just the way we
> present it). The new proposal is here and we'll be discussing this
> during the VCTF call tomorrow, so please make sure to read it before
> tomorrow's call:
>
> http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/architecture/v4/
>
> Don't miss the link to the detailed architecture diagram at the bottom:
>
> http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/architecture/v4/detailed/
>
> High-level thoughts, especially on the v4 document? Don't nitpick the
> language yet, just trying to get an understanding of the general flow
> and see if people think that those that have almost no exposure to what
> we're doing would be able to pick the document up and understand it at a
> high-level.

My reaction to the three versions:

1.  Much prefer the /v4  [ie, the non-detailed], with new simplified
terms and diagrams, and split into time-slot sequence in the example.
(Aside: If I'd seen this version before the original -- top link,
architecture/ --, I probably wouldn't have woken myself up last night
to dictate my vision of an alternative. ;-)  .)

2. The 'detailed' version begs the question now: why have that added
'Repository' step at all? The Registry seems to fulfill the same
function. (If not, what does the Repository do that the Registry doesn't?)

3. All versions: what happened to a Credential being a wrapper of a
set of Claims? Has this been deprecated completely? Or is it merely
not being shown for simplicity?

Steven