Re: Inventor of the Web Creates Identity on Bitcoin Blockchain Sir Timothy Berners-Lee, an english computer scientist and the inventor of the World Wide Web has created his first Bitcoin blockchain ID on June 9

On 11 June 2016 at 06:14, Steven Rowat <steven_rowat@sunshine.net> wrote:

> On 6/10/16 5:44 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>> Tim has had a first class 100% decentralized identity that he has
>> published on his web page for a number of years.  It's fascinating
>> that no one in this group has noticed that, and when he signs up to a
>> silo that's news.  Apparently! :)
>>

> I went to look for this -- do you mean his PGP key/fingerprint on this
> page? :
>
> https://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/

Thats the human readable form.

The machine readable form contains verifiable claims including an RSA
public key.

This is the stand out way to do identity on the web.  I find it interesting
how few people other than Tim have worked this out.