Re: Inventor of the Web Creates Identity on Bitcoin Blockchain Sir Timothy Berners-Lee, an english computer scientist and the inventor of the World Wide Web has created his first Bitcoin blockchain ID on June 9

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 at 10:45 Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10 June 2016 at 11:32, Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I would be wary of any solution that forces everyone to use a monoculture
>> of technology or a single datasource (even if it is distributed or
>> decentralized).
>>
>> What this group is doing is defining a standard and the goal of this
>> standard should be to allow users to pick any place to store their
>> identity. Blockstack is an implementation. The goal should be many
>> implementations and a protocol for interoperability between them.
>>
>> That is to say, Blockstack's approach is awesome but it doesn't solve the
>> problem of a global user-centric identity system because it still requires
>> everyone to use Blockstack's system.
>>
>> This is the same debate that raged regarding payments and Bitcoin.
>> Identity on blockchains is catching up to where payments was a year ago.
>>

> +1

Human Centric appears to be a much better solution, and by that i mean
something that can be decentralised and rather than being secured simply by
cryptography, also something that is socially-aware as a means of humans
providing ID/AUTH support for other humans.

Thereafter; we've got something to start issuance of credentials to/at.

I also note; the physical function of someone being able to goto a
post-office or something of that nature to get access to their ID again (if
their world is lost to them) is also a far more sensible approach than
email-recovery IMHO.

Tim has had a first class 100% decentralized identity that he has published
> on his web page for a number of years.  It's fascinating that no one in
> this group has noticed that, and when he signs up to a silo that's news.
> Apparently! :)

LoL.  I also note his use of CC in it.

It would be interesting to hear from TimBL what the story is...