Re: VOTE: Verifiable Claims Terminology

On 6/10/16 8:54 AM, Dave Longley wrote:

> This is an "Identity Profile":
>
> {
>   "id": "<id from the identifier registry>",
>   "type": "Identity",
>   /* ...attributes asserted in this particular profile */
> }
>
> Note that the document above is referred to as an "Identity Profile",
> but the "type" associated with the "id" is "Identity". You can have many
> "Identity Profiles" for any particular "id", but the thing the
> attributes therein are talking about is of type "Identity".

I don't think I understand this difference yet, unless there also
exist instances that are not "Identity Profiles", yet also have an
'id', and a type: 'Identity'. Otherwise, why not just call the "type"
for "Identity Profile"..."Identity Profile" ?

If this is true, can you give an example of one -- something that
isn't an Identity Profile, but would use the type: "Identity"?

Steven