Re: How the father of the World Wide Web plans to reclaim it from Facebook and Google

IMHO, sound about as 'solid' as AOL or MySpace.

I still think we haven't solved the identity problem yet; but i am happy to
see at least some people working on these more modern views of how our web
might work into the future.

Yet, i think perhaps a frustration registry or something might be useful /
good...

I'm sure we've all seen votes and/or ways in which issues have been
managed, that have left 'frustrations'...

a registry of them, might be meaningfully reasonable.

Companies are a little like A.I. in terms of being a form of 'robot' that
gets programmed, does stuff, might have code that was designed for one task
and was improperly applied in an attempt to fix or analyse another task;
but therein,

these systems engage thousands of humans as internal agents; and millions
as external agents.

to say that the views expressed by one agent who has a particular
identifier (whether it be an employment contract, or a mailto:URI) does not
mean the same thing as the views of the whole artificial organism; nor does
it necessarily reflect the views of a 'natural legal entity' should that be
decoupled from other references; constructed in some particular manner;
given the tooling available at the time, through the efforts of
technologists to produce them (and/or narrow scope to ensure some progress,
at a minimum, is made).

fingers crossed.

Maybe A.I. will fix it.  Some say it'll be super-intelligent really quickly
- perhaps it won't care so much about what their employers might think...

tim.h.