Re: WHY USING FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, AND TWITTER TO LOG INTO APPS IS A PROBLEM

On 17 June 2015 at 14:51, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2015-06-17 14:23, Eric Korb wrote:
>
>> Interesting article.
>>

>> http://www.fastcompany.com/3044280/one-more-thing/the-ghosts-of-app-permissions-past
>>

> FIDO is meant to be an alternative to this but I believe it will (in
> practice) only strengthen the power of the Big Three.
> WebID-TLS could have been a credible distributed ID-system but the
> browser-vendors have (unilaterally) decided that cross-origin identities
> are bad although Google's authentication scheme does not only violate the
> cross-origin dogma but also adds content aggregation as icing on the cake.

WebID is the most widely deployed ID system on the web (facebook use it).
TLS for identity is widely used, and has critical mass in some areas.  eg
estonia most people use it for banking, web services, and even voting.

Finland is the next country to roll this out.  You know, Finland.  The same
guys the brought us linux.

I'm sure you'd have given that no chance either at the start ... :)

WebID-TLS take the best of both these systems.

The main reason we're not using WebID here is for social reasons, (sadly)
people not being able to get along ...