Re: Fwd: CfC to publish a FPWD of Credential Management; ending April 17th.

On 2015-04-10 23:09, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> Cross-post from WebAppSec

IMO, this is a dead duck because:

- The problem is not that big
- It requires a lot of browser underpinnings
- Cookies appear to do this job fairly well already

It is a pity that Google haven't spent any time on solving the communication
between the browser and local applications since this is a "hard" interface
which cannot be polyfilled.  Currently Google have only managed deprecating or
are planning to cripple such solutions while projects putting sensitive resources
in the Open Web (=browser) seems to fail all the time like "WebCrypto.Next for smart cards"
and the recently closed SysApps.

The Open Web needs a product management which is more interested in PRACTICAL
solutions rather than running Jihad against Android, iOS and Windows.  COMBINING
these layers is simply put, good use of existing engineering resources and also
enables innovation by third-parties.

Anders