Re: Credentials Use Cases document created

Good use cases overall, Manu.

My favorite feature listed is probably composability, the ability to
present multiple credentials together to gain access to a system. I see an
opportunity to use multiple credentials to get over a hump where one system
knows an individual by one identifier, and another system knows that same
person by a different identifier. I think being able to offer multiple
credentials together for an authentication/authorization request, with
verified ownership of each, could let people more naturally negotiate
multiple facets of their identity on the web. Though I think this is
suggested by composability, I wonder if it rises to the level of being a
separate use case.

I also like Pre-authorization, which represents an individual's power to
act as both credentialee and credentialer in an environment.

----

And hello to this list! -- I hope to be able to make it to some of the
credential group's telecons in the future and meet some more of the people
in this community. I'm a web applications developer at Concentric Sky in
Eugene, OR, USA, working with Open Badges. I'm also working with the Open
Badges standard group at the Badge Alliance, and I am very interested in
making sure that the best methods of indicating earner identity without
leaking private information are represented in the badges community. It
looks like some very good work has been done leading to the formation of
this group, and I hope to help move it forward.

*Nate Otto, Developer*
concentricsky.com