Re: Agenda for W3C TPAC

On 1 October 2014 19:18, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> Pay particular attention to today's minutes from the Web Payments CG
> meeting. We started doing some web payments agenda work and discussed
> the credentials agenda as well:
>
> https://web-payments.org/minutes/2014-10-01/#8
>
> It looks like we're going to try to fit the credentials work into the
> mid-day ad-hoc sessions on Monday/Tuesday, mostly focusing on roadmap
> and use cases.
>
> We also plan to do a review for non-members (or people that couldn't
> make it on Mon/Tue because of other commitments) on Wednesday for both
> the Web Payments and Credentials work.
>

>From experience at TPAC 2 years ago there was a social web and identity
session.

What we found was that pretty much everyone has a (normally differing)
opinion on identity.  If you think about it, it makes sense, we all have
one and it's very personal and subjective.

By the time we went round the room and introduced everyone, with a short
comment, the time was up.  It wasnt really constructive.

Identity seems to be the one issue that divides opinion.  Case in point,
W3C has two groups with almost exactly same goals (WebID + Identity
Credentials)

The more productive things I found at TPAC was actual working demos.

Just my 2 cents ...