Re: [Moderator Action] Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Digital Signatures for Credentials

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 20:30:48 +0100
To: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>, Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>, public-credentials@w3.org, public-socialweb@w3.org, Stéphane Boyera <boyera@w3.org>

On 11/19/2014 08:12 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> On 11/19/2014 07:49 PM, Harry Halpin wrote:
>> Elf - please stop cross-posting to lists wanting out of scope deliverables.
> My apologies, I didn't expect such an intense debate!
>
> On the other hand, finding out about such strong and different positions
> on some aspects of our work seems helpful. Maybe some process helping
> with that already exists. I remember mentions of someone working on
> improving general awareness of who works on what across W3C groups. Will
> try to find out more about it...

There is no debate. JOSE is a standard for JSON that has had high review
and adoption from the IETF. SM is a proposed specification from a
Community Group for RDF that is out of scope for the Social Web WG,
although conceivably some future WG at the IETF could find their
normalization algorithm useful.