Re: Self introduction - elf Pavlik

On 12/08/2014 04:25 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> First of all my apologies for all the possible stress caused by me
> attempt to 'bridge' conversation on digital signatures with Social
> WG.

No need for an apology, elf. I think you did the right thing as I had
discussed some of the digital signatures stuff w/ one of the Chairs of
Social Web WG at W3C TPAC.

> I really didn't expect that conversation about it might become so
> intense.

I was surprised by the exchange as well, but it was good that we had it.
It was a good introduction to how some people in these communities react
to the security work we're doing.

> * Open Knowledge Foundation
> https://trello.com/c/LvcBmpiN/6-badges-okfn-org * NodeSchool
> https://github.com/nodeschool/discussions/issues/410 * OuiShare
> https://github.com/OuiShare/OuiShare/issues/27 * Open Tech School
> http://www.opentechschool.org/ * etc.
> https://twitter.com/elfpavlik/status/508965439746355200

+1, all great stuff.

> One of the main issues, which I consider a show stopper, relates to
> capacity of hosting one's own backpack and others having means to
> discover it. I created long time ago issue on github "[federation]
> Discovery of backpack location", sadly closed without clear
> resolution.

That's an explicit goal w/ the stuff we're doing... you should be able
to host your own in a decentralized way.

> BTW since I live stateless and choose not to accept and use any
> state IDs, it gives me very strong, 'scratch your own itch', use case
> for strong Open Credentials.

+1, you bring a unique point of view - great to have you involved.

> I hope to start joining regularly CG weekly teleconferences and do
> my best to catch up with all the work done here so far. Really
> looking forward to that!

+1, hope to hear you on the calls soon. We have one tomorrow at 11am ET,
and then a break for the holidays, starting back up 2nd week of January.

Great to have you involved, elf. :)