Re: JOSE author didn't use JWS. Was: Digital Signatures for Credentials

On 2014-12-02 19:09, Richard Barnes wrote:
> Human-readability is only a very minor part of the objectives here.  Base64 deserialization is not a major issue.

This departs from the thoughts behind JSON's predecessor, XML.

Anyway, I'm sure many other organizations will use JSON clear-text signatures
(home-brewed though since there is no such standard), particularly since it has
been found out to be compliant with at least the browser parsers.  That this
is the case has a trivial explanation:

Only a bad programmer would design a parser so it would output data
in a different order than it was supplied in, even if the "standard"
allowed that.

Anders