Re: Preliminary Credentials Use Cases (Considerations)

On 08/25/2014 02:35 AM, Tim Holborn wrote:
> *INITIAL SUGGESTIONS / CONSIDERATIONS* 1. Magna Carta for WWW [6] -
> how should this group get involved..
>
> In relation to referring (and responding to) to the TimBL Call; i
> propose we sign-up to the challenge, and make an attempt to both
> contribute towards this manifesto / bill of rights - in addition to
> using the task as a means to provide a set of navigable principles
> for the credentials work.

Clearly anyone may do anything they want, but my preference is that we
don't get involved directly but derive requirements from the other good
people that are working on that initiative. Getting too deeply involved
in that initiative could derail this one.

> 2. We Establish a tool / method / process for producing, publishing,
> commenting on and voting in relation to use-cases.
>
> I find it difficult to imagine this type of functional tool is
> outside of our capacities to produce quickly, and efficiently.

It's not outside of our capacities, it's having the spare bandwidth to
create such a tool. If there are volunteers, that'd be great, the Web
needs such a tool. That said, we tend to get done with use cases faster
than it takes to build and refine such a tool. Again, not saying we
shouldn't do it - if there is a volunteer to build that tool, please do.

> 3. The scope (referring to the use-cases below) needs to be
> re-targeted for the 'purpose statement' of the group. - The scope is
> broader than the needs of web-payments specifically. this may effect
> language, amongst other things...

+1

> - I note the group currently does not have a ‘chair’.  Perhaps the
> input of senior W3C Leadership as a method to discover appropriate
> chairmanship of this group, as to best serve the needs of all
> potential users of this spec.  (given best possible opportunity,
> etc.).

A number of organizations are already searching for multiple chairs for
the group. I've had a number of good conversations with a few of them,
but nothing definitive yet.