Re: what I'm really hoping for

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 11:09 PM Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org> wrote:

> What I’m really hoping for Is a team of people who are working together to
> help people trying to work at home, attend a wedding, have business
> meetings without travel. Who have unique requirements and don’t know where
> to start.

one team? for the whole world? I wonder about that... One team may be a bit
of a dream, but maybe that's not a bad thing....

Do you know anyone who is trying to work from home? I know the folks in my
development team in KUMC medical informatics
<http://www.kumc.edu/miea/medical-informatics.html>. I'm doing what I can
to help them. We're using Zoom and jitsi for our daily stand-up meeting;
it's going reasonably well.

I have a niece who plans to get married this summer. I haven't reached out
to her, but she's a digital native and I'm not sure I wouldn't slow her
down. But maybe I should give that some more thought...

The church I attend <https://www.fellowshipofgrace.org/> had our first
online service this morning. It went remarkably well. The pastor is a
fellow geek. :)

--
Dan Connolly
http://www.madmode.com/