Re: Another idea: a "Mentor Network" for people trying to go remote

It might not have been evident that my earlier email was in response to the
Mentor thread. The Mentoring service referred to requires [a particular
client app download]. The problem is that if people need to install
different apps for every different service during this crisis, that will be
a non-starter for many because:

(a) many corporates won't permit employees to install software on their
systems without a process, and processes are largely interrupted;
(b) I am hearing from some people in the field the rate of cyberattacks is
currently 'up' notably.

Making only a situational comparison (not a product or supplier comparison)
anyone can use services of the sort I referred to (e.g. Jitsi and Etherpad)
through any current browser that they already have installed. For these and
especially when I mentioned a scanner app for a phone, I should have said
"or equivalent". But mainly we should refer to solutions for which no
procurement is needed; no funds requisition is needed; and preferably, no
installation is needed. etc.

Or, so methinks.

Joseph Potvin