Re: Draft Web and Mobile Interest Group Charter

Thanks Jo!

I am happy with the document - I think it clearly outlines the scope of the group and it's nice and concise (I was worried that it might be a very large document!). I am happy that there are clear scope and deliverables - this always helps when convincing others that the group has reason to exist!

I assume that the operator / telecoms members will focus on these two scope areas:

> 	• Reviews of existing W3C specifications that have particular relevance to mobile devices, with a goal in particular to point out inconsistencies between specifications developed separately;
> 	• Identification of new features that are necessary to support wide adoption of the Web as a platform within the scope of the group, both from a technical and commercial perspective;

Consequently these are the three deliverables they will be interested in:

> Gap analysis
> This document will provide an overview of the differences between the Web as a platform on mobile and other popular platforms and ecosystems, both from a technical and commercial perspective. It will also identify which of these gaps are already being closed, which need to be addressed, and which are key-differentiator of the Web; this document will also propose plans for the various items that have been identified as needing action
> Context-relevant use cases and scenarios
> This report will document the use cases and scenarios of usage of Web technologies in a way that is responsive to the user’s context, including her location, her activities, her connected devices, etc.
> Multi-channel and cross-channel user experiences on the Web
> This document will analyze how the Web can be used to create user experiences that span multiple devices, and define use cases and requirements for technologies that are needed to enable widespread adoption of these use cases

I believe since the "gap analysis" and "commercial" perspective have both been included and given heavy presence in the draft, we feel the telecoms guys will be happy with this.

One item which might be worth considering: can we possibly add "Web Payments" group to 3.1 (In "Dependencies and Liaisons)? This is a hot topic in telecoms right now - members are constantly asking me about this group. Let me know if it's not a possibility.

Many thanks!

Natasha

Natasha Rooney | Web Technologist | GSMA | nrooney@gsma.com | +44 (0) 7730 219 765 | @thisNatasha | Skype: nrooney@gsm.org
7th Floor, 5 New Street Square, London EC4A 3BF