vCard Social Format Extension

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Simon Perreault <simon.perreault@viagenie.ca
> wrote:
>
> On 2010-09-08 12:12, Joseph Smarr wrote:
>> vCard does not seem to have added
>> many (if any) social networking fields.
>
> Not in vCard *core*. A separate RFC will address this. The draft is here:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-george-vcarddav-vcard-extension-02

That is a very interesting proposal but not basing this around an existing
social contacts spec seems foolish (reinventing the formats anyone?). Why is
that? If this were to be based of the Portable Contacts specification
(proposed @ http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/ContactFormatsComparison), we
might just begin to have a well-defined path between vCard and the more
social properties of the Portable Contacts spec.

Who do I need to talk to within IETF to progress this idea and could the
editors be invited to join this discussion?

- Rich