Re: Test does not require check whether user-entered data is re-displayed

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:16 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Detlev Fischer
> Email: detlev.fischer@testkreis.de
> Affiliation: 3needs
> Document: TD
> Item Number: G85
> Part of Item: Tests
> Comment Type: general comment
> Summary of Issue: Test does not require check whether user-entered data is
> re-displayed
> The description of this technique (the same point applies to technique
> G83) mentions "re-display the form (including any previously entered data)".
> The test does not check whether previously entered data is actually
> re-displayed.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Add a third line in the test:
>
> Procedure
> (1) Fill out a form, deliberately enter user input that falls outside the
> required format or values
>
> (2) Check that a text description is provided that identifies the field in
> error and provides some information about the nature of the invalid entry
> and how to fix it.
>
> (3) Check that other data previously entered by the user is re-displayed.
>
> Expected Results
>
>     #2 and #3 are true
>

> ================================
We agree that a third line should be added to the test.  The test procedure
will be changed to add a third line:

Procedure
(1) Fill out a form, deliberately leaving one or more required (mandatory)
fields blank, and submit it.

(2) Check that a text description is provided identifying the mandatory
field(s) that was not completed.

(3) Check that other data previously entered by the user is re-displayed,
unless the data is in a security related field where it would be
inappropriate to retain the data for re-display (e.g. password).

Expected Results

#2 and #3 are true