Re: Improvement to text

Thank you for this response.

I'll admit to being confused by the response, but I'll wait to see your revised copy before I comment further.

Thanks again for considering the comment.

Duff.

On May 24, 2012, at 5:50 PM, Loretta Guarino Reid wrote:

> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 6:25 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:
> Name: Duff Johnson
> Email: djohnson@commonlook.com
> Affiliation: NetCentric Technologies
> Document: TD
> Item Number: PDF9
> Part of Item: Description
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Improvement to text
> Paragraph 3 of the description begins:
>
> "In some technologies, headings are designed to convey logical hierarchy."
>
> This is, however, a PDF Technique. In PDF, headings are *only* designed to convey logical hierarchy and have no other purpose whatsoever. As such there's no purpose in referring generally to "some technologies" in a PDF Technique.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Replace the first sentence of para 3 in the description with:
>
> "In PDF, headings are designed to convey logical hierarchy."
>
> ================================
> Response from the Working Group
> ================================
> Thank you for your comment. We have removed the discussion of heading hierarchy from this technique.
>
> Loretta Guarino Reid, WCAG WG Co-Chair
> Gregg Vanderheiden, WCAG WG Co-Chair
> Michael Cooper, WCAG WG Staff Contact
>

> On behalf of the WCAG Working Group

Best regards,

Duff Johnson

President, NetCentric US (creators of CommonLook)
ISO 32000 Intl. Project Co-Leader, US Chair
ISO 14289 US Chair
PDF Association Vice-Chair

Office: +1 617 401 8140
Mobile: +1 617 283 4226
djohnson@commonlook.com
www.commonlook.com

This e-mail message is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). Any other person is strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing or reproducing it. If the addressee(s) cannot be reached or is unknown to you, please inform the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete this e-mail message and destroy all copies.