Re: Table of Content needs summary of collections

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 7:56 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Phill Jenkins
> Email: pjenkins@us.ibm.com
> Affiliation: IBM
> Document: TD
> Item Number: (none selected)
> Part of Item: Applicability
> Comment Type: editorial
> Summary of Issue: Table of Content needs summary of collections
> Please add (or move) the summary or Collections of Techniques currently
> found in the "Overview"page to the Contents page. It would fit nicely after
> the Abstract and inside or just before the Table of Contents.  Having a
> collapsed list of the types of Techniques would help with the extra long
> contents list.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Add (or move) this "Techniques Collection" summary section from the
> Overview page
>
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20100708/intro.html#intro-tech-types
> to the Contents page
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20100708/
> to improve the readablilty and use of the extra long table of contents.

We agree that this listing would be very helpful in front of the very long
table of contents.

We are therefore adding it to the table of content page just above the long
table of contents listing each of the techniques individually. This will
give people visiting this page a better overview of what is in the table of
contents and the order that they are presented since it is not alphabetical.
It also allows people to jump to that section easily if that's what they are
interested in.