Re: Equivalence of content of noembed element not explicitly checked

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 5:35 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Detlev Fischer
> Email: fischer@dias.de
> Affiliation: DIAS GmbH
> Document: TD
> Item Number: H46
> Part of Item: Applicability
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Equivalence of content of noembed element not explicitly
> checked
> To test if noembed fulfils its purpose, a test for the equivalence of
> content inside the noembed element is necessary
>
> Proposed Change:
> Add:
>
> 3. Check if the content of the noembed element is an adequate alternative
> for the non-text content it replaces.
>
> (#1 or #2) and #3 are true.

==
“Adequate” is not a testable term. We have made a decision not to use any
subjective terms like “adequate” in any of our tests because it makes them
no longer objective. It is unfortunate but the tests must be objective to
have the inter-rater reliability needed to be considered testable