Re: Test does not cover appropriateness of audio description

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 6:01 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Detlev Fischer
> Email: fischer@dias.de
> Affiliation: DIAS GmbH
> Document: TD
> Item Number: G166
> Part of Item: Tests
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Test does not cover appropriateness of audio description
> As it stands, the test in technique G166 only checks whether a link to the
> audio alternative is provided. It does not check the equivalence of the
> audio alternative. Testing just for the link is not sufficient
>
> Proposed Change:
> Add a second checkpoint #2 for checking whether the audio alternative is
> adequate.
> Both Check #1 and Check #2 must be true.

We do not include any quality checks in our techniques since they are
subjective. “Adequate” is not a testable term. Unfortunately, we do not feel
it is possible to include subjective terms in our testing procedures. We are
clarifying the test procedure to indicate that it should be descriptive.