Re: either/or test seems incorrect: #2 must be true

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 6:48 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Detlev Fischer
> Email: fischer@dias.de
> Affiliation: DIAS GmbH
> Document: TD
> Item Number: G98
> Part of Item: Tests
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: either/or test seems incorrect: #2 must be true
> The first of the conditions may not apply (for example if the for is on one
> page). The second condition ("Determine if a summary of all data input by
> the user is provided before the transaction is committed and a method is
> provided to correct errors if necessary.") must be met in any case to ensure
> that input is checked and may be corrected. Therefore "Expected Results:
> Either #1 or #2 is true" seems inadequate.
>
> Proposed Change:
> 1. If user data are collected in multiple steps, the user is allowed to
> return to previous steps to review and change data.
>
> 2. Determine if a summary of all data input by the user is provided before
> the transaction is committed and a method is provided to correct errors if
> necessary.
>
> Expected Results
>
>      Checks #1 and #2 are true.
>
> To remove the conditional (and possibly confusing) 'if'-clause at the
> beginning of check #1, the single test might need to be turned into two
> separate tests.

Depending on how much data is collected, it may not be possible to summarize
it all on one page. For example if the person was taking an essay exam.

Therefore either one of these two approaches may be the most logical. We are
revising the test procedure based in your proposal.