Fw: Re: Color Contrast for Links

Please take a look this testimonal. Is this right when using color for links? I cannot find the statement at WCAG that quotes that an underline is necessary.

Is it?

--- On Tue, 7/28/09, Jared Smith <jared@webaim.org> wrote:

From: Jared Smith <jared@webaim.org>
Subject: Re: Color Contrast for Links
To: "Chris Reeve" <chrisreeve15@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 7:44 PM

Links do not have to be underlined to pass AA or AAA, but if you do
not underline links, then the normal state of the links must be
sufficiently different in contrast from the surrounding non-link text.
Additionally, links that are not underlined must provide a non-color
designator (usually this means that you add the underline) when the
links are hovered or focused (tabbed to with the keyboard). This
applies to both 1.4.3 and 1.4.6.

Full details at http://webaim.org/blog/wcag-2-0-and-link-colors/

Jared