G148 could contradict Parsing 4.1.1

From: Ryan White <rwhitedei@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 23:04:59 -0700 (PDT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
I have noticed that at http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/, G148 requires me to not have the background specified. However, when I use 4.1.1 (Parsing) to validate my stylesheet, it requires background. I am using #FFFFFF when there is no background.

Can this be a conflict with G148 and parsing?

I am also using the CSS Validator at HTMLHELP.COM.

The validator passes, but since G148 requires not to have a background, one rule needs to be revised, or dropped.

Please clarify for no background when parsing already passed with #FFFFFF.