Re: Link Purpose, 2.4.4, and Meaningful Sequence

Hi Chris

   The WCAG working group meets every two weeks.  At that time we take
up items that have been prepared by group members out of our worklist.
Your questions have been added to the list and will be addressed in
their turn.   I'm afraid the working group's charter is to work on the
guidelines and support materials.   But we are not set up to be a
consulting organization.    We welcome questions where the support
materials for WCAG are not clear -- and we look at each and every one
to see if an wording in the support materials needs to be adjusted or
added to make the materials clearer.

We are NOT able to give advice to people on how to make their web
pages or sites conform.   There are many good consultants and
materials out there on that topic.  In order to not show favoritism or
refer only to those people we know - WCAG  does not make
recommendations for who to see.  But what I would do is ask around and
see who respects whose work - and then select one.

Several of your questions are in the category where we are looking at
them to see how we can improve the support materials.  As these are
completed we will both send you the result and change our support
materials.

Other of your inquiries were of the type -  how do I do this?  We
refer you to the Techniques documents -- or to consultants as above.
It is not that  we wouldn't like to respond to every query, but we
simply cannot.    Too many, and we are only volunteers working on this
in addition to our full time (and double time) jobs.

I hope you understand.

Continue to send in queries where you think the current documentation
has errors or is unclear.   Also, if in working with consultants you
come up with new techniques that are not currently documented,  please
(everyone) write them up and send them in so we can include them for
others.

Thanks.

Gregg
WCAG Co-Chair