Re: Technique G167

Phill Jenkins wrote:
I ask my
> self, how can they be programmatically determined to be next to each
> other and not be rendered adjacent to each other, except there are bugs
> in the  user agent?

Very frequently happens: handling the visual organisation and
relationships of objects is what CSS is for - separating markup from
layout. CSS is used to make semantically-confused markup look OK, good
code is rendered by CSS in a way that is hard for people to make sense
of, markup/CSS that worked once now doesn't because browsers have
changed behaviour since it was written...

Which is why you need to look at rendered output as well as examining
the unrendered code.

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

Information design: we help explain things using
language | design | systems | process improvement
phone +44 (0)118 986 8313  email markb@textmatters.com
web http://www.textmatters.com