Several Success Criteria include specific values

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:04:05 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Masafumi NAKANE
Email: max@accessibility.org
Affiliation:
Document: W2
Item Number: (none selected)
Part of Item:
Comment Type: general comment
Summary of Issue: Several Success Criteria include specific values
Several Success Criteria present specific values.   (Ones I was able to spot are SC 1.4.2, 1.4.3, 1.4.4, 1.4.6, 1.4.7, 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.2.5, and 2.3.1.)   Although it is understandable to include  specific values in these SC in order to make them testable, I strongly believe these specific values should not be mentioned in normative part of the document, unless every expert agrees that there will never be any future research, clinical experience, etc., which suggests different values than one shown in these SC.  These values should be moved out to the understanding document, so that any future research, etc., will not affect the normative part of the document.

Proposed Change:
Move such specific values to the Understanding WCAG document together with references to good supporting document for them.