in practice, difference between \"blink\" and \"flash\" still unclear, even with appendix

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:16:31 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Patrick H. Lauke
Email: redux@splintered.co.uk
Affiliation:
Document: W2
Item Number: Success Criterion 2.2.2
Part of Item:
Comment Type: technical
Summary of Issue: in practice, difference between \"blink\" and \"flash\" still unclear, even with appendix
It\'s unclear here what the difference between blink and flash actually is, in practice. Looking at the appendix, there\'s a definition for \"blink\", but strangely not for \"flash\". The note in the appendix definition of \"blink\" still leaves me wondering:

\"The slower blink is in contrast with flashing, which refers to rapid changes in brightness...\"

If blinking is a complete on/off, is it not simply a special case of flashing?

Proposed Change:
Just stick with flashing or blinking throughout the document, as it\'s confusing (and in practice, completely irrelevant I\'d argue) to distinguish between a blink and a flash.