Re: Stronger statement about accessibility for people with cognitive disability

From: Sandra Vassallo <S.Vassallo@e-bility.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:55:47 +1000
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

On reflection and after reading Lisa Seeman's response on this topic I
also support her suggestion to remove the sentence "There is a need for
more research and development in this important area" before adding the
statement "developers should seek relevant expert advice about current
best practice to ensure that web content is accessible, as far as
possible, to this community".

In addition to the rationale presented by Lisa it occurs to me that if
the Guidelines are to become a Standard and have longevity, then the
sentence about more research being needed also becomes dated as further
research is conducted.

Sandra Vassallo
e-Bility