Comment LC-1023

From: Gian Sampson-Wild <gian@tkh.com.au>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 23:08:09 +1000
To: "'Loretta Guarino Reid'" <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Cc: <public-comments-WCAG20@w3.org>

Comment 5:

Source: http://www.w3.org/mid/000901c69538$2e394450$f4c9b23a@tkhcomputer
(Issue ID: LC-1023)

AAA conformance - It is not clear how one achieves AAA conformance. In the
WCAG 2.0 document (under the 'Conformance' heading) there is a note "Because
not all level 3 success criteria can be used with all types of content,
Triple-A conformance only requires conformance to a portion of level 3
success criteria".  Does this mean a site can claim Triple-A conformance if
they comply with all Level A and Level AA SC and one Triple-A SC? This
statement is in contradiction with information in the "Baseline" document
which states (under the 'Vertical and Horizontal scoping in conformance
statements' - first
question) "Any web content for which Level AAA conformance is claimed must
meet all Level 1 and Level 2 success criteria plus at least 50% of
applicable Level 3 success criteria".

Proposed Change:

Firstly, there must be consistency between the two documents and how to
claim AAA conformance must be clearly detailed. I do not understand why AAA
is being treated differently to A and AA. I believe AAA compliance should
mean compliance with all AAA SC, not just ones the developer chooses to
implement.

Response from Working Group:

We have changed the definition of Level AAA conformance so that all Level
AAA Success Criteria that apply to the content types used must be satisfied.

Response from GSW:
Thank you for addressing my concern