Re: Reminder - request for response on WCAG 2.0 comments

From: Alastair Campbell <ac@alastairc.ac>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 00:36:01 +0100
To: public-comments-WCAG20@w3.org

Hi,

My apologies for this delayed response.

My initial response to the decision is here:
http://alastairc.ac/2007/02/wcag-2-response-on-relative-units/

Which can be summarised as:
"Ok, that seems reasonable for the issue of font-scaling, but I'm not
sure it's practical to put all the layout scaling issues into the
corner of the user-agent."

The main issue I see when you do scale fonts is fixed (pixel) height
areas that then cause overlapping text. This is an example of a
navigation with increased font sizes in Firefox and zoomed in Opera:
http://alastairc.ac/images/examples/fixed_height_zoomed.gif

Sometimes narrow fixed widths can be an issue, but it's less common
for it to create an issue.

Kind regards,

-Alastair