WCAG 2.0 Comment Submission

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 20:07:49 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Greg Gay
Email: g.gay@utoronto.ca
Affiliation: ATRC UofT
Document: W2
Item Number: Success Criterion 2.2.1
Part of Item:
Comment Type: GE
I\'m not sure about the distinction between 2.1.1 and 2.1.2. Does it mean if there is required time dependant content, such as a reaction time test, the web unit can not comply at level 3. This could potentially be an issues, albeit unlikely, if a site were pursuing Level 2 or 3 conformance, but had a time dependant test, for example.

Proposed Change:
In such a case I would expect an accessibility statement or statement of scope to exclude the timed test, thus rendering the guideline irrelevant to a claim of Level 2 or 3 compliance.  2.1.2 sounds like it may not be enforcable. Perhaps remove it.