RE: Responce needed. definitions for voice user interface and Integrated Voice Menus

+1 but I would propose a couple of small edits –

On VUI’s, I would just say “interact with a computer system through voice input and output”, if by “voice” you mean “voice output”.

On IVR, I would say “interact with a computer system through the use of a telephone keypad and/or voice input” because IVR’s often support both keypad and voice input.

From: Lisa Seeman <lisa1seeman@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 11:26 AM
To: public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>; Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>; Ruoxi Ran <ran@w3.org>; Rachael Bradley Montgomery <rachael@accessiblecommunity.org>
Subject: Responce needed. definitions for voice user interface and Integrated Voice Menus

Hi Folks

We were asked to have references ordefinitions for voice user interface and Integrated Voice Menus

Can you let us know if you want changes to the following (+1 if you can live it):

Voice user interfaces (VUIs)
Sometimes known as: Conversational interfaces.
Voice user interfaces (VUIs) allow the user to interact with a computer system through voice and speech recognition. Examples include: Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa.

Interactive voice response (IVR)

Interactive voice response (IVR)  systems allow the user to interact with a computer system through the use of a telephone keypad or voice and speech recognition.  Interactive voice response systems are often used to  automate tasks by phone and in call centers. IVR systems often use standards such as VoiceXML <https://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20/> .

Please send your response by 11.30 am Boston time on the 15th April 2022. Silence will be taken as an agreement. Minor edits may continue.

All the best

Lisa