Re: Readability of international language scripts

Greetings Steve and COGA TF,

I will need to go back and do some additional digging, but last year at the
Web4All conference in San Francisco, there was a young woman who did a
presentation along a similar vein. As I recall, she was researching
readability of both Western scripts and Thai (??) script, and the somewhat
astonishing conclusion she brought forward was that font *SIZE* also had a
real impact; the larger take-away I left with was that at 18 pt. or larger,
both readability, comprehension, and recall was significantly improved.

A quick search returns the following:
*The effect of typeface and font size on reading text on a tablet computer
for older and younger people; Maneerut Chatrangsan, Helen Petrie - *
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335059576_The_effect_of_typeface_and_font_size_on_reading_text_on_a_tablet_computer_for_older_and_younger_people

FWIW

JF

--
*​John Foliot* | Principal Accessibility Strategist | W3C AC Representative
Deque Systems - Accessibility for Good