Readability of international language scripts

From: Steve Lee <stevelee@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 10:39:07 +0000
To: public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
This message is mainly for the Editorial Team members who are working on
readability of languages like Hebrew and Arabic. These use special
Diacritics marks to improve readability.

In today's W3C EU meeting Richard Ishida mentioned his work summarising
the key feature of various language Scripts. These provide a lot of
detailed information, including on diacritics:

https://r12a.github.io/scripts/#scriptnotes

https://r12a.github.io/scripts/arabic/
https://r12a.github.io/scripts/hebrew/

Richard also mentioned that he regularly gets notifications about
readability resources/papers on academia.edu

Richard is Activity Lead and Staff contact for W3C Internationalisation
work. I'm sure we could ask him to review any new patterns on the topic.

Steve