Re: Thoughts on editorial workflow that's easier to use

Hi Richard,

Sorry, I did notice that text after I commented.  I don't think
additional verbiage is required, but rather think about presentation order:
visually you can quickly sort by "color" (be creative and think of them as
"tags" or perhaps even "headings" although that is a bit of a stretch)
because that is the first thing sighted users are drawn too.  So it's
something of a proximity issue as well.

Inspecting your code, I note that the color bars are provided via a
classing mechanism (class="ok", class = "tbd"), and so I'd perhaps suggest
you could also add an aria-label there as well (or heck, better yet,
forego the class and style off of the aria-label attribute value):

[aria-label = "OK"] {
border-left: 5em solid green;

padding-left: 2em;

}

plus

<section id="inline_notes" aria-label="ok">...</section>

This would then result in screen-readers getting that "accessible name"
(label) up-front, similar to the visual experience.

Just a thought...

JF