Re: proposed change for simple words in labels etc.

Katie,

Fair point.

I see the review as a series of ever-widening "rings", expanding outward
from the center. In the center there is the COGA TF, then the next layer is
the AG WG, and then the wider WAI-world (no longer a domain, but...), then
the larger accessibility community at large (including non W3C members),
and then content authors and developers, and so on.

Currently, I see us at the second "ring" - the AG WG - and if at *that*
level there are still questions and concerns, I will suggest we need to
address them there, before they 'expand' out to the next 'ring'. Can
multiple 'rings' be reviewing and providing feedback simultaneously?
Absolutely! But if there are members of the AG WG that are still asking
fundamental questions on this or any other proposed SC today, it suggests
to me we still have work to do, that's all.

Specific to this proposed SC, I have asked what I think are reasonable
questions (some may disagree, but I am trying to excise any emotion here,
and focusing on specific points of concern), and if there are reasonable
questions cannot be answered today, then we need to be working on the
answers, or modifying the SC to eliminate any areas of confusion.

I would hope that everyone involved would agree that is a reasonable goal
to be working towards.

JF