RE: Goals

Maybe we should look at the goals for this group as venn diagram where
there are three circles in three sizes:

The smallest is items of greater importance to this population, but of
importance to everyone. This might contain overlapping circles for
different user groups, but I'm not sure we need to break that down to that
level. Examples might include: getting feedback about incorrect moves (in a
game) or answers (in a learning exercise) without sound effects that are
irritating, discouraging or draw attention from the rest of a classroom,
ability to request only one story line in a video that includes multiple
story lines, the ability to turn off background music in a video.

The next circle completely contains that circle and is the collection of
goals for the average user - basically the goals satisfied by each Web
presence.

The outer circle completely contains that circle and is the complete
collection of goals for this population. This would contain goals that are
completely unique to this user group, if there are any. An example might be
for non-readers: a panel of pictures of likely words for the current
application. You can tweet what you are doing and how you are feeling, for
example, without having to be able to write very many words. (Done well,
everyone might like this and then it moves to the center circle!)