Re: Web Apps store equivalents

Le vendredi 08 mars 2013 à 10:50 +0000, Marcos Caceres a écrit :
> Right, but as many iOS and android developer have discovered, this does not scale well.

True; but it still seems to me you're more likely to find any given
native app on the relevant app store, than its equivalent Web app in a
search engine, possibly for the reasons I highlighted in a separate
mail:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-closingthegap/2013Mar/0007.html

>  In the original Widgets specs we had a meta tag to help with auto
> discovery by search engines. With hosted web apps, like the ones
> SysApps is specifying, there should be a way of indicating that the
> applications is "installable". Like:
> or some such.
> This would allow search engines to find and index apps in a way that
> is more scalable (hopefully, maybe, fingers crossed).

One thing I'm hoping we can help with is moving from crossing fingers on
this toward having a plan to make it true. My separate message on this
suggested that maybe a workshop would be useful, but I think the best
just now would be to manage to establish contacts with relevant teams in
relevant companies in this field. Can anyone help with this?

Dom