Re: You Got Your SVG in my Canvas! Mmm, Delicious!

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 16:53:31 +0100
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "public-canvas-api@w3.org" <public-canvas-api@w3.org>, public-canvas-api-request@w3.org, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 2:58 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I agree. and title and description are insufficient for dynamically changing drawings. This is an SVG deficiency but NOT a canvas deficiency. Although important, the bounds of an object are only a piece of all the things to support interoperability. You need roles, relationships, state change notifications, and so on. We have those in canvas now. We do not in SVG.

What roles, relationships, state change notifications are available in
HTML content that uses canvas that are not available in HTML content
that use SVG?

> Let's stick to the problem at hand. ... canvas. Eventually we will get to SVG but not today. Canvas is part of HTML and it needs to be fixed.

SVG is just as much a part of HTML as the canvas context, so I'm
confused by the implication that it's okay for us to fix any
accessibility problems with using canvas with HTML before we fix any
accessibility problems with using SVG with HTML.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis