Re: Vodafone launching its own mobile app

From: Peter-Paul Koch <pp.koch@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:01:37 +0200
To: gina@alierra.com
Cc: public-bpwg@w3.org
> Surfing in the Internet for some news in the world of the Mobile Web, I have
> found an interesting article. It says that Vodafone, a European telecoms
> giant, will launch its own mobile application storefront, promising web
> companies and developers a single point of access to millions of its
> worldwide subscribes. The app storefront will go live later this year and
> will provide users with individually controlled access to network
> capabilities like location awareness. It will also develop a set of network
> APIs to guarantee that new applications will work across its entire
> footprint. They say it will also enable subscribers to get all the details
> about how their information is accessed and used.

Source?

I'm currently consulting with Vodafone and their widget manager (which
I think is what you mean by storefront), and although I've heard quite
a lot, I haven't heard a peep about location awareness.

I'd appreciate some further information.

ppk, freelance front-end consultant,
agent, and trainer
http://www.quirksmode.org/about/