RE: ISSUE-237 (Define Mobile Web Applications): What is the definition of a "Mobile Web Application" for the purposes of BP2? [Mobile Web Applications Best Practices]

Now I am really confused.

For me a "web browser" from the server end looks like something which can access a web page hosted on the server.  So a web server cannot tell the difference between "web access" from a widget, a browser, a J2ME application, a native application or even someone typing characters into a terminal application.   All of these things are capable of consuming data expressed in HTML and javascript.

What is the purpose of BP2?  To define how best to serve mobile applications from a web server?  Or to define how to develop mobile browsers?  Or something else?

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Holley
Manager, Application Standards